Hello FNSBSD Families, Friends, Staff and Community!
Nutrition Services has made it easier for families to apply for free or reduced priced meals. We encourage you to apply online anytime using an Internet enabled computer. You can complete and submit an application in minutes!
Click HERE TO APPLY ONLINE for the 2016-17 school year!
The FNSBSD Nutrition Services is proud to introduce our new state-of-the-art web based application!
Just imagine . . .
- More expedient application processing turnaround time
- Results in less out-of-pocket meal costs for families waiting for application processing
- You no longer have to print, reprint, or distribute applications
- Lost or misplaced applications are a thing of the past
- No more couriering applications from schools or other site locations to nutrition services
- Online entry can help with potential language barriers (available in English and Spanish)
- School staff, nutrition services staff, central office staff - all save time and resources
- Increase in program participation
- Green technology
- Reduced operational costs all around
- Safe, secure and confidential
- Apply online anytime using an internet-enabled computer
Each new school year brings 1,000 of applications for the free and reduced meal program. Historically, these applications were processed, one-by-one by nutrition services administrative staff. Each application is reviewed for accuracy and completeness. Many of the submitted applications require individual telephone calls by our staff to the applicant as a result of missing, incorrect or incomplete information causing a delay in determining benefits for a child. Our goal is to provide those benefits to our qualified students as soon as possible!
Information required for the online application is the same as the paper application. Gather the following to apply online:
- Listing of all household members
- Total household size
- Income for all household members (determine the frequency of payment)
- Student Name(s)
- Student Birthdate(s) (helpful but not required)
- Student FNSBSD identification number (helpful but not required)
- Student Official Enrolled School (helpful but not required)
- Student ID (helpful but not required)
You may obtain the application from your school, our administrative office at 1305 Charles Street, or download the application, print it, complete the information, sign and return the form to your student's school or to the Nutrition Services Center at 1305 Charles Street. Paper applications take longer to process.
A new application must be completed each school year! We cannot process applications completed on outdated forms. Please be sure your application form states the current school year. Failure to do so will delay the processing of your application.
Applications completed by hand are scanned for processing. Please use black or dark blue ink and follow application instructions. Allow up to ten days for processing from the time your application is received at the Nutrition Services Center.
Faxed OR photocopied applications are not accepted. If you need assistance with this form, call (907) 451-1004 x16601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to provide us feedback so we may better serve your needs.
2016-17 Free & Reduced Application PDF
You may print this PDF form and complete the application by hand. We encourage you to apply online for faster and more efficient processing!
Parent Letter & Instructions
You may print this PDF form for instructions on completing a paper application and frequently asked questions regarding the application process.
Nutrition Services Center
Administrative Secretary (9/10 month)
Nutrition Services Supervisor
Helena L. Schreder
Assistant Director of Nutrition Services
Amy C. Rouse
Director of Nutrition Services
Deborah J. Marcos
Secretary (9/10 month)